Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fun in the Son: Year Four

I leave for Camp Fun in the Son tomorrow at five thirty o'clock in the morning. It sounds horrendous to get up that early and drive ten hours to Camp Table Rock in Missouri but it leads to the best experience of my life. For four years Fun in the Son has been ministering to Iowa teens and I am so blessed to be one of them.

Even though the activities never change and the sermons are always based on the same subjects, every year is a new and exciting experience. I always take away some piece of information that I didn't know I was looking for. The last week in July is a week of spiritual renewal for my youth group, both teens and adult sponsors.

This year my mother and sister have the privilege of tagging along with me (even though my mom sees it more as torture). I have been packing all afternoon and jumping around from room to room while doing it. I am so excited to see what God is going to do in my life this week and the lives of my friends.

Something to pray for: One of my very good friends stopped attending church a while back. She is not coming to camp with us this week. I miss her so much and I just ask that somehow, someway God will work in her life this week and she will return to our youth group.

No comments:

Post a Comment