Saturday, July 30, 2011

Go Light The World

I woke up early the last day of camp to get ready for the bus ride home. We had to have everything out of our cabins by breakfast so I rushed around making sure I wasn't leaving anything behind. The last day of camp is always bitter-sweet; no one wants to go home because Fun in the Son is the best place in the world to be but we are all ready to make the changes at home that we have at camp.

The last service Pastor Rick preached was about the reliability of the Bible. It has been proven through the Bibliographical Test, which is what all documents are tested with to prove their accuracy. Reliability is determined by the number of surviving original manuscripts of a document, the time span between the original and earliest copy, and how much discrepancy there is between copies. The books of the Bible are the only documents that have been prepared with such extreme carefulness. Men called Talmudic and Masoretic Scribes copied the Bible letter by letter. When they were finished every letter was counted to ensure that it was accurate.

When the service was over we all walked to our cabins for the last time and dragged our luggage to the charter buses. We mentally prepared ourselves for the ten hour drive home and loaded onto the buses, making sure that our luggage was stored before we climbed aboard.

I can not believe that the week I have been looking forward to since March is already over. I am so grateful for the opportunity to go to Camp Table Rock every year and I am so grateful to the staff and youth leaders who make it possible. I hope that this school year I can remember what I learned at camp and apply it to my everyday life.

All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Matthew 28:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment