Monday, April 16, 2012

Natural Beauty

I woke up on Sunday morning not at all excited to go to church without make-up. I didn't feel pretty. I didn't want to dress up, which if you know me at all you know that dressing up, especially on Sundays, is my thing. I forced myself to put on a skirt, sprayed a little perfume, and walked out the door.

Throughout the day I questioned why I was doing this little project. Why does it matter if I wear make-up? Then again, why does it matter if I don't? If I feel comfortable without make-up on, which I should, because it's NOT NATURAL, then why should I continue to wear it? But I feel lazy without it. Which is another reason to do this. Not applying make-up doesn't mean your lazy. I just have to get that from my head to my heart. Besides, I got an extra fifteen minutes of sleep.

I am proud to say that I made it through my first day with out make-up! My friends are all very supportive of me, even though I'm trying to guilt trip them into joining me for at least one day this week. Honestly, I don't expect to get much out of this week. And I do feel bad about that.

Expectations: I'm trying to take super good care of my skin this week. You know, give my face a breather from foundation and what not. Since I don't normally wear make-up on Saturdays (what's the point if all you do is go to Wal-Mart?) It doesn't feel that crazy for me to go to school without make-up. Of course, I say that now. After this week, I'll probably go back to my habit of applying make-up daily. I don't feel like I wear that much in the first place; just foundation and mascara, and occasionally blush and lipgloss. We'll see what happens!

Currently, it's Monday afternoon. I have successfully gone a full school day without make-up on. This is a first. I felt more independent for some reason. Maybe because I don't feel like I'm giving into what society sees as beautiful? However, I couldn't imagine giving up my make-up indefinetely.

No comments:

Post a Comment