Sunday, April 22, 2012

Training

I officially have exactly four weeks left of my half-marathon training program. Talk about crazy! I know I've said this before, but if you would have told me six months ago that I would be running ten miles, I would have laughed in your face and then gone to sit down and eat a chocolate bar.

I had a really great run today. After talking three days off (busy, busy, busy!) I was expecting a little big of stiffness and a whole lot of complaining. I feel like I've kind of been slacking off. For instance: on Wednesday instead of running six miles I only ran four. Can you say slacker? In my defense, I had just eaten five too many doughnut holes.

Am I nervous for the race? Definitely. I'm not so much afraid that I won't be able to finish as I am afraid that I won't finish in time. I'm not the fastest runner. My average is ten minute miles. But hey, someone's got to come in last, am I right? Another thing, my parents are both supposed to be out of town that weekend, but I know I can count on my friends to be there By the way, it starts at seven in the morning. Good luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment