Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MakeUp Madness

I thought I would catch you up on my no makeup Wednesdays.  It's been about six weeks since The Beautiful Face Project, and I have gone makeup-less every Wednesday since. This is a fantastic accomplishment for me, except for one thing, I've noticed some negative fat talk coming through the radar on those days I go unencumbered by makeup. I hate to admit it to you, but the nasty, bad habit thoughts have returned like the plague.

In light of recent development, I think it's necessary to bring back The Beautiful Face Project every other month, once a week. Although I will keep going without makeup on Wednesdays, I think that a more forward approach will cause a "great awakening" (if you will) to what really matters (i.e. NOT makeup).

Plus, mascara is just so expensive!

With that being said, here are a few simple tips and sayings to get you through a day without makeup.

  1. Imperfections are beautiful.
  2. CoverGirls are simply that, they are created to be shown on the front of a magazine, effortlessly flawless. Photoshopped. You can't live up to the fake-ness a photo like that entails. Get over it.
  3. Really, people don't pay as much attention to you as you might think. They're just worried about themselves. 
  4. Keep your chin up. If you feel beautiful, you are beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
  5. Don't stop smiling. A smile is your best feature.
  6. Your reflection does not define your worth! Don't let that mirror interpret your emotions.
  7. Think of all the time you spend on the days you don't wear makeup. Not only do you get to sleep in fifteen minutes, but you won't feel the need to duck into the women's bathroom to check yourself between every class. 
  8. Everyone loves rain. No makeup? Good. Now you don't have to worry about mascara smudges when you're splashing in puddles. 
  9. Beauty is made from confidence. Go change the world. 
Phrase for the day: "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." -Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment