Sunday, May 6, 2012

An Art of Sorts

I consider myself an artist. Yes, writing is an art. After all, it is called Language ARTS for a reason. For the last term of school I decided to take a photography class, which is crazy for me because I'm not "artistic" in the way photography needs you to be. You know, the camera with film as old as your cassette player? I got lucky and my mother still had our old film camera. I didn't realize how much preparation it took to develop film. Taking pictures is alright, but developing them is so relaxing.

I don't particularly enjoy developing the film, however. But once you get to see the negatives, it's so exciting to print your own photographs. I was in the dark room by myself for a little while on Friday. It's so quiet and peaceful back there. To develop pictures there has to be a constant water flow. With the lights dim and the trickling water, it just takes the edge off your day. I absolutely love it! It is a shame that we have gone to digital. It's magical to see your photo appear on the photo paper. Film photography is where it's at!

"Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshots from the photograph." - Matt Hardy

1 comment:

  1. I miss 35MM film every day of my life. At least you knew where your pictures were. Keep taking pictures...even without a camera!

    ReplyDelete