Sunday, May 6, 2012

FOCUS

I am sure that you've all heard by now, but let me tell you a little secret: It's finally May! With the weather getting increasingly warmer every day it's hard to remember that we still have four weeks of school left. I mean, really, the school year is o-v-e-r. Eighteen more school days and we'll be having late night bonfires and burning our unnecessary school materials. (Not that we would ever do that.)

I had a teacher tell me that once you start a countdown, your grades go down also. Out of all of his "words of wisdom" this one might be true. I am definitely losing focus as the year comes down to a close. The problem? We have advance placement exams for the next two weeks, and I need to study along with the rest of my high school.

I am really just ready for this year to be over. It has been tough, there have been tears, but I have done it. Almost. After AP exams, it'll be a breeze from there on out. My father was talking about summer today and meantioned that we have less than a month until our vacation. This is going to be the craziest month of my life! At the same time, as eager as I am to see this year gone and over with, I can not believe I'll be a senior next year. It's crazy how fast time flies. Especially when you're not sure you're ready to grow up.

So let's kick this last month in the butt. We're almost finished, let's finish strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment