Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Heaven or Hell?

I was talking to a friend the other day about heaven and hell. This friend asked me if he was going to heaven. What a strange thing to ask someone. So I asked him if he was a Christian. And he replied with the standard answer "I go to church."  So I asked him if he prayed and he said yes and I asked "When do you pray?" He replied that he prayed when he needed help and sadly, I told him that if he were to die right then and there, he would not be going to heaven.

Why don't people get it? Praying and going to church on Christmas&Easter doesn't make you a Christian. I'm not sure if it's right to tell people they aren't going to heaven, but I also don't think it's right to let them believe everything is fine and dandy. If praying when you needed help was what got you into heaven, everyone would get there.

I hate to be a "debbie downer," but James 2:19 says, "You believe there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder." So if even demons know that their is a God, doesn't that mean that just because you recognize a higher power doesn't mean that he recognizes you. You have to know Him as your Savior and ask Him to forgive you.

1 Corinthinans 15:54-57 says, "Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: 'Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?' For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ."

There is no "good" Christian, because there is no "good" person. We have to accept the saving grace of Jesus' shed blood and let Him change us.

I wish I could tell you that you're going to heaven. But it's so easy already! Jesus loves you no matter what. God created you. But you have to come to Him first, before He can come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment