Sunday, June 10, 2012

Adventure Time!

On this day of the 10th June 2012, we leave for Illinois where we will be staying one night before we reach Atlanta, Georgia. I'm out of practice for traveling seven plus hours in a car. Longest car ride ever. Seriously. It's ten o'clock at night and we have finally reached our hotel. Thank God because if I spent another minute in that crowded vehicle I think I would have gone insane; not to meantion, I had to pee.

It's going to feel strange traveling for two and a half weeks instead of four. We're driving down to Atlanta where we'll be staying for four nights. This part of the vacation was planned by yours truly - something that I am very proud of. I hate planning! I've always wanted to visit this part of the country because it's where Margaret Mitchell grew up, and for those of you who lived sheltered lives, she wrote Gone With the Wind, known to fanatics as GWTW. We will also visit a Civil War museum, because I'm obsessed with everything to do with the Civil War, and visit a Martin Luther King Jr. memorial, along with other things of less importance.

After discovering the wonders of history, we will be relaxing on the beach beneath the gorgeous Florida sun. If you haven't noticed, we're kind of addicted to the ocean. On our way back home we will be stopping at an old friends house before visiting my counsins. Then back to life as it's always been. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Don't stop reading . . . or being jealous of my fantastic travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment