Monday, June 11, 2012

Georgia on my mind.

We have safely made it to Atlanta, Georgia! Fantastic, I know. I'm relieved, especially after spending fourteen plus hours in the car over the past two days. The driving today was kind of crazy. It rained on again/off again the entire way here, and the traffic was horrendous. But we made it safely despite the annoyances.

Don't you love when you step off of a plane, or in my case the Silver Surfer, and you can just feel the difference in the air. The different atmosphere and hubbub of your surroundings filling all your senses. I love it!

We got to the hotel around five and relaxed for about an hour before heading off to the mall. We filled our stomachs with delicious mall-food and did some shopping, more to get up and walk around than to actually buy anything. I can't believe our second day away is over and we still haven't done anything vacation-y. That's what happens when you drive. Although, I do like seeing all the cities. We drove through St. Louis yesterday and Nashville today. From what I saw out my window, I would love to visit someday!

Now something that is causing some stress for me during our time away is I'm currently training for another half marathon right now, which means running four times a week. I'm beginning to realize this is an impossible feat while on vacation. Treadmills are great, but seven miles on a treadmill will kill your knees and might make you go a little crazy. So I'm going to do what I can, and try not to worry about it. But two and a half weeks is such a long time . . .

Can't wait to begin sightseeing tomorrow! Georgia on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment