Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lazy Days Ahead

Like I said before, we are finally at the beach part of our vacation! Sitting in the sun all afternoon, eating food all evening, sleeping all morning;  you get the drill. The days run together at the beach. The sound of the ocean lulls you into deep unexpected sleep. My favorite part of the ocean is how it fades from blue to blue - ocean to sky.

The waves yesterday were calm, but today they picked up a lot. My sister and I call it wave jumping. You know, when you go out as far as you can and jump before the wave crashes onto you. For a moment, it feels like you're suspended in the air, in time and space, before coming back down to the sandy bottom. I'm not a good swimmer, but swimming in the ocean gives some sort of a thrill.

I am proud to say, I am not sunburnt! Although the rest of my family is. Sunscreen is important, folks. For real, you don't want skin cancer. I love sitting on the sand with a good book. How many times can I say it? The beach is so relaxing!

Tomorrow we leave for Destin where we will stay for four days before heading to Missouri to visit family and friends. It's impossible that we've already been gone a week. Beach time on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment