Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Name Game

I love names. I believe that your name takes a big role in defining who you are or who you will become; maybe it describes who you want to strive to be.

I love looking up definitions of people's names and looking for comparisons in their name and in who they are. How is it that parents are so accurate when they name their children?

In the book God Girl, by Hayley DiMarco, it has the definition of grace from the Tyndale Bible Dictionary.

Grace: the dimension of divine activity that enables God to confront human indifference and rebellion with an inexhaustible capacity to forgive and to bless. God is gracious in action.

Wow. That's a lot of power in one word. I pray to God that I can live up to my name.

How do you think the definition of your name describes who you are as a Child of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment