Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Give Thanks

I was reading this blog (which I totally love!) and came across a blog post about gratitude. It was so refreshing to read about someone being thankful for the little things in life.

When you give thanks it helps release stress. Being thankful helps increase the immune system, increase energy, lower heart rate, you are more likely to live longer, and it decreases stress.

Ten things I am grateful for:
1. I am so thankful for the warm weather and the sunshine. It was such a wonderful day!
2. I hardly had any homework tonight so I was able to work ahead and relax, which is always good for a Monday.
3. I am grateful for my blog. As hard as it can be and even though somedays I just want to call it quits, I really think it is making me, dare I say, wiser? Maybe not, but it is definitely helping me be more aware of the things around me.
4. I love words. They are amazing!
5. I am thankful that you are reading this right now!
6. I am so appreciative of my youth group and my amazing friends who are always there for me.
7. I am thankful for phone conversations.
8. Even though I hate raking the leaves, I am so grateful for the changing season and the beautiful colors it brings. Plus, for some reason, I am super excited for winter!
9. I am so grateful for e-mail. I love getting e-mails!
10. I am thankful that God sent His Son to die for me. I am so thankful that because of Jesus' shed blood, we are made clean.

What are ten things you can give thanks for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment