Monday, January 9, 2012

vraiment belle

You might have noticed that I changed the title of my blog. I've been reading a lot of books about body image in order to prepare for an essay that I will be writing soon (which I'm totally excited about writing. Nerdy, I know.). Reading all these books on how skewed our societies view of beauty is got me thinking about some of the blog posts I've written on my own view of beauty.

The websites I've been reading and writing about have their own "catch phrase" and I've wanted to come up with my own. The websites like Mirror, Mirror OFF the Wall, Beauty Re-Defined, and Operation Beautiful all have a single purpose in mind - to help women feel confident with themselves and discover their true beauty apart from society's idea of "beautiful."

As I was reading through blog posts of the past, I realized that I did have a common theme: spirituality and, of course, outer beauty. I was trying to find an ideal "title" to combine the two when I realized that isn't our faith in God, our relationship with our Creator, beautiful? It's truly beautiful. And for some reason, I started thinking in French.

Vrai is the French word for true, as in true or false. Vrai ou faux. Vraiment means truly. And belle, of course means beautiful. So . . .

vraiment belle
because you are truly beautiful: inside and out

And that is my mission statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment