Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Hope

Dear Friend,
       I wish I had all the answers. I can't tell you how many times I felt that life had no meaning. How many mornings have I woken up and wished that the day was over? We all have our struggles, and every once in a while we all feel like giving up. Life isn't always butterflies and rainbows.
       We're still in high school. It's hard to see why things happen, even on a day to day basis. Sometimes you have to ask yourself "Will this matter in ten years?" And if the answer is "yes," then I believe that it happened for a greater purpose than you or I could imagine.
       A few years ago when we went on church retreat we received a Bible verse in the form of a letter. I read it every night before I go to bed:

To the One I love,

I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me.  Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed. Let's be close.

Love,
God

       As I was flipping through my Bible just now I came across Psalm 57:1-3. It says, "Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge Until destruction passes by. I will cry to God Most High, To God who accomplishes all things for me. He will send from heaven and save me; He reproaches him who tramples upon me. God will send forth His lovingkindness and His truth."
       Friend, I don't know why you're going through these things. I wish I could help, I wish I could even begin to understand your circumstances. I just want you to remember that you can talk to me about anything and everything. No judgement.
       It can be so hard to pick up your Bible and pray when you're frustrated but that's when it's the most important to talk to God. Matthew 7:7-8 says, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."
       As long as you are truly searching for God and striving to be more like Christ, as long as you can find even an ounce of hope, He will renew your strength; you will soar on wings like eagles, you can run and dance and sing and not grow weary and you can walk and not be faint (Isaiah 40:31). He will lead you on the path of righteousness. You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength.
       Keep your chin up, Beautiful. And don't forget to trust God.

With Love,
Gracie Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment