Thursday, January 5, 2012

Celebrating Your Faith

June 22, 2000 was when I accepted Christ into my life. I remember the time and the place, I remember the words I spoke. I think it's important to celebrate the day Jesus came into your heart because it signifies a re-birth: "dead to sin, alive in Christ."

And this is the point I got stuck. Honestly, I didn't know what else to write. So I did what all frustrated writers do; I picked up my guitar and started jamming out to all the songs that had been playing in my head all day. As I was trying to find chords to this new song that I had heard, I accidently clicked on the song "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin. I began playing it without realizing it wasn't the song I was looking for and suddenly, it seemed to fit with exactly what I was trying to say here.


I think of Baptism like this: when you are immersed in the water, you are releasing all of your sins. Once you rise up out of the water, you are cleansed. Simplistic. Easy. Even Jesus was Baptised (Matthew 3:13-17) by John the Baptist, his cousin, who at first felt unworthy and thought that Jesus should be the one Baptising him. When Jesus came up out of the water a dove came down from Heaven and a voice said, "This is My Son, whom I love. With Him I Am well pleased."

We are called to follow in Jesus' footsteps. After accepting His free gift of salvation, we should shout our faith from the rooftops. Won't you join me in becoming "dead to sin, alive in Christ?"

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully written. Thank you Grace for sharing your testimony as well as this great challenge.

    Dave McGaffey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said! Don't we all want to be like Christ? I know I do!!

    ReplyDelete