Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back to Reality

Yesterday was the final leg of our sabbatical, the plane ride home. My dad is staying for another two and a half weeks so my mother, sister, and I flew out of California and (miraculously) ended up in Des Moines. My grandmother picked us up at the airport and drove us home. Even though it was raining when we arrived, I was so happy to see my house again. I was so happy to sleep in my own bed, in my own room, in my own house.

Two hours after we got home I went to youth group. I couldn't stay away from my friends any longer and surprised them by showing up at church. I was soon caught up on everything that had happened while I was away. Even though I was dead tired we went to get ice cream after youth group and had a good time.

It is strange being home after being gone for over a month. Sometimes it seems that I was never really gone at all. I am so glad to be home, though, and since there are only six more weeks before school starts again I have to make every second count.

No comments:

Post a Comment