Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sabbatical Day 26/Oceanside

To my great dismay we left San Fransisco this morning. We left early in order to drive through Los Angeles before traffic rush. We arrived in Oceanside around three and checked into our condo. Oceanside isn't the small town I thought it would be. There are people everywhere! This is the warmest city we have been in so far; today was the high of eighty. Our condo is even better than the one in San Fransisco. For starters, my sister and I have our own room and don't have to sleep on a pull out sofa. I can step out onto the deck and see the ocean. We also have a full kitchen, which we are all excited about because we are getting sick of eating out. Too bad we are only going to be here for three days.

The ocean here is different than in Fort Bragg, it is more calm and a lot warmer. We walked along the pier where at least a hundred people were fishing; it smelled like dead fish. What I love about this place is when you look into the horizon, blue meets blue, and you can't tell ocean from sky. We plan on spending the next two days at the beach, only returning to the condo when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment