Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sabbatical Day 30/Zoo!

I can't believe it is day thirty already! We have been gone for a whole month; it is amazing how time flies. Today we spent all day at the San Diego Zoo. I don't particularly enjoy walking around zoos but today was an exception. We saw so many animals today that I couldn't even begin to tell you about all of them so I will talk about my three favorites!

The first animal we saw was the Koala Bear. The Koala Bear isn't technically a bear, it is a marsupial because it carries its young in a pouch. I also learned that they sleep over twenty hours a day because their food, eucalyptus leaves, take so much energy to digest. There were so many Koalas and they were so ugly that they were cute. I loved their big ears and their big black nose and the way they looked at you with their beady little eyes; it was endearing.

The next animal that we saw that I immediately fell in love with was the Red Panda. It looks a little like a raccoon except is red, white, and black. I saw its raccoon like tail first and tried to get a glimpse of his face before he disappeared. This Red Panda turned to look at me and it had the most beautiful white face; he looked so innocent sitting on a tree branch, I just wanted to hug him.

One of the last animals that we saw was the New Guinea Singing Dog. It was the most beautiful dog I have ever seen; and it was so fearless. I wanted to take him home with me. These dogs are named "singing dogs" because when they howl it sounds like they are singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment