Friday, June 10, 2011

Sabbatical Day 1/The Beginning

At eight o'clock this morning we packed up our vehicle and left for our sabbatical. Hoping we didn't forget anything we set our eyes towards the horizon and began to drive the tremendously long eight hours to our destination for the day.

Since I am a newly licensed driver our insurance has increased. In order to get ten percent off of our insurance I must drive thirty hours with my parents. Luckily on our vacation we have a lot of driving to do. I successfully drove for four hours today. Needless to say my parents are very pleased that I did half the driving. (They are, however, praying that I don't reck the car.)

We are now in Chamberlain, South Dakota. We drove out of Iowa, through Minnesota, and here we are. While we are in South Dakota we took the liberty of going to see the Corn Palace. Let me tell you it's about as exciting as its name. It was built in the late 1800's to attract tourists. That was then, this is now. I have to admit, taking all that time to create new pictures for the building every year is  . . . fascinating?

Tomorrow we head to the Black Hills. I am really excited to start hiking in the mountains. We're renting a cabin for four days before we head to Yellowstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment