Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sabbatical Day 18/Alcove

My father went fishing in the ocean today so my mother sister and I had a girls afternoon. On our way to dropping off my dad a thick fog rolled in. It was the weridest thing, one minute beautiful sunshine, the next, you can hardly see the car in front of you. We went to the beach, even though it was freezing, and walked along the shore.

We walked into a little alcove which led even further down the beach. There were so many perfect seashells and even some sea glass. The fog was still thick at this point and it made the alcove seem even more enchanting. No one else was there and it was like we were the only people on the beach. It was so peaceful back there, we are definitely going back.

We left that beach and returned to one we were at a couple of days ago because my sister thought she saw a sand dollar. We didn't find any sand dollars but we did find a few more exquisite seashells. The mist finally lifted, like a curtain being pulled across the sky and we sat underneath the sun's rays until it was time to pick up my father from fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment