Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sabbatical Day 6/Rockies

We left South Dakota today and entered Wyoming. Wyoming is the fourth state that I have driven in. Remember, I have to get thirty hours of driving before the end of July. (So far I only have twelve hours!)

Wyoming doesn't seem much different from South Dakota at first but once you drive a little farther you can see the Rocky Mountains. At first I thought I was looking at white clouds but once I looked closer I could see that they were blue snow covered mountains. It seemed that we could reach out and touch them but the closer you got the farther away they seemed to be.

We're sitting in a hotel in Cody right now and I can still see you Rocky Mountains out the lobby window. Cody is a beautiful western town with cowboys and rodeo shows. I wish we could stay here for more than one night but we head to Yellowstone National Park in the morning. Plus, we are all excited to spend the next week among wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment