Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sabbatical Day 17/Horseback Riding

Since it was Sunday, we got up earlier than usual and headed off to church. After church we ate at a sushi house (no one got sushi) and then got dessert at an overpriced chocolate factory. We came back to the house and relaxed until it was time to go horseback riding.

I have never really been on a horse without someone leading me before so today's horseriding was quite an experience. My horse was named NightCap. He didn't really listen to what I was telling him to do but was a good enough horse to know how to follow the leader. I felt so tall when I got up in the saddle, it was a new feeling for me.

The ride took us through redwood trees and along the beach. We rode by a campsite and every few minutes you would hear a child squeel "Horsies! Look!" We reached the beach and the horses slowed their pace. A beach looks so much prettier on a horse. We all reluctantly turned around and headed back towards the stables.

When we got back "home" we headed to Glass Beach. Glass Beach was originally a junkyard. It was cleaned up about thirty years ago and smooth, rock-like glass washes up on the shore. Yes, that's right, I walked on glass. I am invincible.

No comments:

Post a Comment