Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer2011

Summer has just begun, families are leaving for vacation, friends are planning parties every day, you stay up all night to watch sunrise just because you have nothing better to do. As a summer resolution I have decided to start this blog. Hopefully I won't bore you with the minute details of my life.

To kick off the summer my friends and I had an end of the school year party. It rained. However, we still had the time of our lives celebrating our success' (or failure's) of this year. You see, we all realize that no matter how difficult, stressful, boring it all was, we have three months of freedom to recuperate. We promised ourselves and each other that we were going to use every second of that time to experience new things.

Tomorrow my family and I leave on a sabbatical, different than a vacation. [Def. -- sabbatical: any extended period of leave from one's customary work, especially for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc.] My mother, sister, and I will be gone for approximately four weeks. My father won't return for another three weeks after that. We stop first in the Black Hills, then we travel to Yellowstone State Park, and at the end of our journey we hope to be in California.

During these four weeks away from home I hope to have many opportunities to see and experience once in a lifetime opportunities. For example, while we're in Yellowstone I hope I see some kind of a bear, even though every fiber of my being fights against setting eyes upon something that could rip me to shreds. Regardless, it would be amazing to see wildlife like bears, elk, bison, etc.

I'm not exactly sure what our plan during this journey is but I hope that we grow closer to God and closer as a family during our weeks away from home. I am anticipating when we leave and trust that this is an opportunity of a lifetime.







No comments:

Post a Comment